-
June 13th, 2005, 08:45 PM
#1
HB Forum Owner
With all the noise about OJ & Blake being acquitted, really thought Hollywood was ramping itself up for a major guilty verdict!
-
June 13th, 2005, 08:58 PM
#2
Inactive Member
I just heard it on the news... Not guilty on all 10 charges.
I know I wasn't there in the court room & didn't hear all the evidence. But I really thought he would be found guilty of some of the charges.
It is hard to believe.
-
June 13th, 2005, 09:11 PM
#3
Inactive Member
In the course of this trial we heard about evidences and witnesses declaring his guilt, but there's been no talk about the evidences proving his innocence. I guess they have been really persuasive. Of course I don't know if someone paid big money for this but I don't feel mean to think it.
-
June 13th, 2005, 10:33 PM
#4
HB Forum Owner
I find it rather sickening. He wasn't even found guilty on the lesser charges of giving alcohol to minors, which was clearly a fact.
Apparently there is no such thing as justice in this country when the crime involves the rich or famous. Getting away with murder, child molestation, disgusting.
The court TV reporter had it right when she said,
"Not guilty by reason of celebrity".
-
June 13th, 2005, 11:45 PM
#5
Inactive Member
Isaiah 59:14 And judgment is turned away backward, and justice standeth afar off: for truth is fallen in the street, and equity cannot enter.
Nicely sums up this case and court rulings in general, not only in the U.S. but here in Canada to.
There was one mention after the verdicts, after one of the kids gave his testimony of how he was molested, he looked over to the jury and they were talking and laughing amongst themselves. Yeah, the jury took their job seriously.
-
June 14th, 2005, 05:36 AM
#6
HB Forum Owner
I was referring to OJ Simspon and Robert Blake getting away with murders they were clearly guilty of committing. And what ever happened with the Phil Spector case? Is he even in custody?
-
June 14th, 2005, 08:22 AM
#7
Inactive Member
Here's what is the most revolting. 8 of the jurors knew Michael Jackson and had been to Neverland. They disclosed this information about 15 minutes before they read the verdict.
It is completely and totally illegal for any juror to know anyone involved in the case.
I do not know how this trial, let alone the verdict was even legal, and how the prosecutor missed this basic criminal law 101 fact.
The only reason OJ was aguitted was because there would have been a riot if it came back guilty.
There weren't nearly as many people outside this time, but it was still an illegal verdict.
Once, maybe he was innocent, twice, doesn't look so good, but three times he's been caught. It's absolutely sickening. [img]graemlins/gulp.gif[/img]
-
June 14th, 2005, 03:31 PM
#8
Inactive Member
I just don`t get it. I thought Tinseltown was gearing up for a guilty verdict. But to be completely innocent? What about providing alcohol to minors? That was admitted. He didn`t get away with murder, but he got away. Shame on everyone on that jury.
-
June 16th, 2005, 10:16 AM
#9
Inactive Member
prescription
It's a legal term we italians have the privilege to be the only country to have in our laws. Prescription means that if you commit a crime and you're charged and go on a trial, you have the chance to be acquitted if the trial process takes over 10 years. If after 10 years you're still on trial, whatever you did is "forgiven" and you're acquitted because the charged falls by prescription. We have a politician who's been in the government for about 40 years. 11 years ago he was arrested and put to trial because he was accused to have been for years connections and agreements with Mafia. The trial went on and on, laywers worked on details to find anything that could delay the trial and since we have extremely slow timing in law itself, here we are ten years later, acquitted. And he still is in our government,he never thought to quit or anything, as nothing had happened. SHAME.
-
June 16th, 2005, 03:38 PM
#10
Inactive Member
I think there should be a civil suit like they filed against O J. There they found him guilty. But did he ever pay the money he was supposed to pay? As for Phil Spector he is out on 1 million dollars bail. His trial starts around November. I think he is innocent. I think everyone who wants to commit a crime should go to California. It seems you get off. But why are their jails over populated? Oh yeah, those people aren`t celebreties.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks